The Association is happy to announce that the application process for the new Tuition Benefit Fund will be open from August 1, 2019 to September 1, 2019!
Tuition Benefit Fund Eligibility
Faculty Association Members, partners and dependent children of members (“student”) taking credit courses/programs at UVic (both graduate and undergraduate). Dependent child is defined as a person 25 years or younger as of December 31 2019 who is a child of the member or of their partner. Members with full and part-time appointments have equal access to the Tuition Fund benefits.
Please note that students whose tuition is fully covered by scholarships, bursaries and/or grants are not eligible to receive support from the Tuition Benefit Fund. Students whose tuition is partly covered are eligible to receive partial support from the Tuition Benefit Fund. If you are unsure as to the status of any other financial awards being granted to the student, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
- Please read, complete and submit the Tuition Benefit Fund Application Form to the Association office no later than midnight on September 1, 2019.
- Applications can be sent electronically by email (completed form or scanned copy of printed form) or delivered in hard copy.
- Please submit a separate application for each student.
- Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be processed.
- Please contact Lynne Marks, Association President at email@example.com or Elisabeth Gugl, Association Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Tuition Benefit Fund or the application process.
A Tuition Benefit Fund Subcommittee of the Executive Committee will be convened to:
- Create a process/mechanism by which the total amount of the yearly Tuition Benefit Fund will be disbursed across all applicants in the event that the total amount of funds requested exceeds the total amount available.
- After the subcommittee has made this decision, it will proceed to adjudicate the applications received from the Membership.
- All applicants will be notified of the amount of the Tuition Benefit Fund they are awarded by September 25, 2019.
- The university administration has advised us that since this is the transition year for this new program, the Tuition Benefit Fund awarded may not be credited to the student’s account until after September 30.
- Further information will be provided when available.
Thank you for applying for this new benefit. Again, please contact Lynne Marks, Association President at email@example.com or Elisabeth Gugl, Association Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Tuition Benefit Fund or the application process.