The Faculty Association is pleased to report that a new Collective Agreement (2022-2025) has been ratified!
On Monday, January 30th the FA’s Representative Council voted to recommend the Tentative Agreement be ratified by the General Membership.
The ratification vote concluded at 4pm on Monday, February 6th.
754 members (out of a total membership of 915) voted in the ratification of the Tentative Collective Agreement.
97.3 % (734 members) voted in favour of ratifying the agreement, and 2.7% (20 members) voted against.
This Agreement has since been approved by the Board of Governors and continues in force until June 30, 2025.
For general information about collective bargaining, please read the newsletter we published in Fall 2021
The UVIC FA’s Representative Council ratified our Negotiating Team on Friday March 19, 2021.
The 2022 Negotiating Team:
- Lynne Marks – Chief Negotiator (History)
- Elisabeth Gugl – Co-Chair (Economics)
- Caterina Valeo – Co-Chair (Mechanical Engineering)
- Christine O’Bonsawin – Member (History, Indigenous Studies)
- Chris Eagle – Teaching Stream Faculty (Mathematics & Statistics)
- Justin Harrison – Librarian Member (Libraries)
If you have any questions, thoughts, or suggestions about collective bargaining, please contact us.
Ongoing Bargaining Updates
- Bargaining Update – November 25, 2022
- Bargaining Update – October 26, 2022
- Bargaining Update – July 13, 2022
- Bargaining Update – June 2, 2022
- Bargaining Update – April 8, 2022