Dispute Resolution

Dispute Resolution

Membership Services Office

If you have a workplace-related concern, the first step is to contact our Membership Services Office. Our Membership Services Advisors will work with you to determine available means of support and to identify formal and informal paths to resolution.

Informal Resolution

When trying to address a workplace-related concern, informal means can be pursued as a potential path to resolution. Negotiations can be conducted over a period of time where representatives from the UVICFA and University are present.

Formal Resolution (Grievances)

When possible, the Membership Services Office will pursue informal resolution in consultation with you. If we are unable to reach a settlement through informal means, our Advising and Dispute Resolution Committee may find it appropriate and/or necessary to file a grievance. A grievance is usually only filed when efforts towards informal resolution have failed.

A grievance is a claim by the UVICFA to the University that begins a formal resolution process. The concern being grieved must relate to the interpretation or application of the Collective Agreement.

The ownership of a grievance filed by the Association on behalf of a member lies with the Association.

For more information on informal and formal paths to resolution, please see our Membership Services Office FAQs.

error: Content is protected !!